Childhood Cancer Challenge
September through November
September is childhood cancer awareness month and we are doing our first annual Childhood Cancer Challenge now through the end of November. Our goal is to raise $10,000 by the end of the year, but we hope to hit that number before the end of the challenge.
About the challenge
This is a group challenge for makers to come together with their talents to raise money to hit our $10,000 goal for St. Jude and help fight childhood cancer. We have a lot of cool prizes for the makers and working on getting more, so everyone that does the challenge has an opportunity to win, and the more you raise, the better your chances!
Ways you can join the challenge
- As a maker or business you can raffle or sell an item(s) and donate the proceeds to your fundraiser. Follow the Details section below.
- As business you can donate a gift certificate or merchandise which the makers that do #1 above will be eligible to win. You will be listed under the Prizes For Makers on this page.
- Donate directly to our Makers for St. Jude group fundraiser.
- The challenge ends November 30th and we will use the amount you raised since January 1st for the raffle. The group fundraiser goes until the end of the year and you can still continue to fundraise until then.
- To be eligible for the raffle prizes you must create a fundraiser with the Makers for St. Jude group fundraiser. This is your personal fundraiser to run however you want and you get credit for all money raised. The money you raise will be included with the group fundraiser towards our $10k goal. Details on how to create your fundraiser are on the How to Participate page.
- You can raise money however you like! You can raffle or sell an item(s), post on social media just asking for donations, or whatever you want to do to raise money. You can even donate to your own fundraiser. You can collect money using Venmo, etc. and donate that to your fundraiser.
- For the prizes you will get raffle entries based on the amount you raise.
- For every $100 you raise, you will get 1 raffle entry. $260 will get 2 raffle entries.
- If you hit $300, you will get 2 bonus entries. $570 will get 5 raffle entries plus 2 bonus entries for a total of 7.
- If you hit $1000, you will get 3 additional bonus entries. $1200 will get 12 raffle entries plus (2 + 3) bonus entries for a total of 17.
- All participants will be listed on The Makers page of the website, along with a link to their IG, FB, or website.
- Woodworker vs. Cancer is not eligible for the prizes.
St. Jude patient Grit
Grit’s family began their journey with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital when he was diagnosed with cancer in December 2017. In April 2023, after 1,922 days of chemotherapy, Grit officially finished treatment. As Grit says, he no longer needs his “hulk juice.”
“Grit is thriving,” his dad Nolan said. When asked about St. Jude, Nolan says, “There’s just no greater cause. Helping kids survive and live long, fulfilling lives so they can go on to live out the St. Jude legacy and then pay it forward themselves.”